Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Christmas/Winter Tag

Apparently, this tag was started by someone named Belise from Sparkle for Jesus.  I was tagged by my sister, Bri. The rules are: One: Thank the person who tagged you. (Thanks, Bri). Two: Answer the questions and tag at least three other people. I'm not even sure if I read three blogs, and if I do, then they're blogs that have already been tagged. I'll do my best!

1. DO YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS?

No, which is why I'm filling out this Christmas tag. To get as little into the Christmas spirit as possible. Of course I celebrate Christmas!


2. DO YOU CELEBRATE ANY OTHER FESTIVE HOLIDAYS OTHER THAN CHRISTMAS OR IN ADDITION TO?

We celebrate St. Nicholas Day on the Sixth of December. We do our stockings on that day instead of on Christmas, and we either go to Lights Before Christmas at Riverbanks Zoo (now you can figure out where I live) or we drive around our neighborhood and invade other's neighborhoods to stare at their houses. We only pay attention to the ones that have Christmas Lights on, though.


3. WHEN IT COMES TO WEATHER, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30, 20, 1O DEGREES?

10 degrees!


4. RAIN OR SNOW?

My sister said "Snoooooowwwww....... rain in summer and spring is beautiful, soothing, and delightful... but rain falling on the month's dead leaves and making everything brown soggy just makes me sad." I'd also say snow (or snooooowwwwww), but only because we only get it about once a year. I love rain, and the sadder and deader it looks outside, so much the better. That didn't sound morbid at all, did it?


5. ON THE PERFECT WINTER DAY, WOULD YOU GO SHOPPING OR STAY HOME?

 Who am I spending this perfect winter day with? If it's with my sister, then I'd like to stay at home, but it's fun to go Christmas shopping with my Mother. I think, on the perfect Christmas-y day, I'd say stay home, but on the perfect Winter-y day; go Christmas shopping.


 6. TRIP TO THE MALL OR WALK IN THE PARK?

Trip to the Mall! I have never seen an inchworm in the mall, never seen a bee or stabbed myself with a stick in the mall. And I have never gotten my ears pierced or eaten ice cream in the park. Hence, I'd choose the mall. (Wait, think of how terrifying it would be to get your ears pierced in the park. Something is radically wrong here. Are you being robbed?)


7. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE?

I really like The Ultimate Gift, but that's not really a Christmas movie to most people. We watch it every Christmastime, though, as well as Saving Mr. Banks, which is also definitely not a Christmas movie. I like The Fourth Wiseman, which is one we sometimes save for Resurrection Day. I like It's A Wonderful Life. That one counts. I like the Nativity Story, just for the laughs. You know; the movie where all the characters are, for once, actually Jewish, or at least could pass for Jewish, and yet Jesus still has to be white.


8. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS TRADITION?

Listening to Christmas music in the car!


9. WOULD YOU RATHER SAY "HAPPY HOLIDAYS!" OR "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

I don't really recall ever actually saying it to anyone. If a cashier says either of those to me I always go "Hmm, you too!" But if the cashier just hands me the bags and says nothing, I don't even think about it being Christmas, I just say "Hm, thank you!" (The "Hm" is when I do my "polite" smile, which for some reason is always accompanied by a hum). I'd rather say Merry Christmas, though.


10. WHAT DOES YOUR CHRISTMAS MORNING LOOK LIKE?

Christmas morning? We are still sleepin'. Christmas midmorning? We eat cinnamon rolls while watching a documentary of the first Christmas.


11. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG/CAROL?

"Oh, Holy Night". Last year it was "O Come, O Come, Immanuel".


12. HOT COCOA, PEPPERMINT TEA, PEPPERMINT MOCHA, PEPPERMINT MILKSHAKE?

As my sister informed you; Cocoa is made with water, Hot chocolate is made with milk (which she learned from me). I've never had any of the peppermint things, and so I would take Hot Cocoa, if we were out of milk. However, I'd prefer just the milkshake part of a peppermint milkshake. I don't think I'd like Peppermint Tea, but I'd like a Peppermint Mocha. Hold the Peppermint. Hold the cup. Carefully, because it's hot.


I almost forgot to tag anyone. Let's see. I'll tag my sister Bethi, and that's it. Sorry for breaking the rules.


Merry Christmas! (There, I said it! Hm).

2 comments:

  1. 1. The description of looking at Christmas lights.
    2. THE REASONS YOU'D RATHER GO TO THE MALL XD.
    3. The favorite movies.
    4. And great job for taking your "smart sister" credits back ;)...
    Loved all of it, though! Love you!

    ReplyDelete