Friday, December 8, 2017

Tips For Better Writing:

Do you want to learn how to make your writing better, clearer, and more aesthetically pleasing? Then this is the place for you! If you feel like your writing lacks appeal, clarity, and is hard to read, just look at the tips below for advice! Comment, and tell me if this helped you, and if your comments are not written to my taste or if you mispell words or use the most badest grammar then I will delete them!

First, here is an example of bad writing:


As you can see, the person who wrote this has no idea how to write well. The reason it looks so bad? THE TIP. The pencil tip was dull and broken, making the writing faint and thicker than it should be, giving it an extremely lackluster look. Now let me show you how to fix it:

Tip for better writing:  

Sharpen the tip of your pencil! This gives your letters more definition, and makes them thinner, as well as more graceful and dainty, causing your friends and family (or maybe only your doting mother) to exclaim "Oh, what a good writer you are!"  

Example:

I hope this helped you in your quest to become a better writer! Remember to leave a comment and tell me what you think! God bless!
 
*note: on one hand: this is just a joke, on the other hand, it's true, because if you resharpen your pencil, your print will look better. But on the other hand (bet you didn't know I have three hands!) it still is a joke; you probably thought I was going to teach you how to write a  spellbinding novel or an attention-grabbing blog post. The truth is, I don't know. I have never tried to write a spellbinding novel. The only tip I have for that is that maybe you should try spelling words on the binding. It's worth a shot. As for the attention-grabbing blog post, I am still trying to figure that out. Still, if you are reading this, I guess it grabbed your attention at least.
I hope this made you laugh! I was going to say "I hope this taught you something", but then thought better of it. I actually hope you didn't learn that you need to sharpen your pencil from me! If you didn't know about pencil sharpeners before now, you're too young to be on the internet.

For my next blog post, I'm doing a delicious snickerdoodle recipe; so be sure to watch out for that!

3 comments:

  1. "You're too young to be on the internet". I literally snorted.
    Also, the "description" on your sidebar still gets me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a good writer you are!
    Signed, Your Doting Mother
    Haha :)!
    But seriously, you've got my attention!
    "too young to be on the internet", hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "You're too young to be on the internet" Everyone else is posting that in quotations, so I thought I'd join the fun.
    Thanks, guys! Girls! Family members!

    ReplyDelete