Saturday, May 5, 2018

Handwriting, Painting, and German

I started this post about three months ago. I had written done some things I had done since I last blogged, hoping I wouldn't forget them. I come back to it today and realize I may have wanted to be more specific in my outlining. I remember doing almost none of these things. I must start from scratch, I guess.

The year began with my siblings and I finishing up reading through the bible in three months, although it actually took us four. We had calculated at least four times how many chapters a day we would have to read in order to finish in January, the calculations being done by three different people, yet, by following those deductions, we found we were still in Isaiah at the time we should have been finishing Revelation. No one has yet figured out how that transpired, although it may have something to do with the fact that none of us like doing math. We may not have put our hearts and souls into our work.

The next book I read was A Case For Christ. I had somewhat read it before, but it had been a while, and I wanted to reread it before I saw the 2017 film based off of it. There were so many juicy tidbits of things I had never of before, and I stored many arguments away in my brain for if the time ever comes when someone questions some of the things Lee Strobel was questioning. It was one of the most intelligent books I have ever read, and I don't even mean just from a Christian viewpoint. Lee Strobel had some pretty compelling, incredibly thought through arguments himself, but they were all dispelled with equally thought through truths, it all the more certain that Christianity is based, not on fickle feelings, but on proven facts, making it all the more trust worthy, adding a little more sight to the faith we walk by. The film was good as far as it goes, but I would recommend reading the book, as well.

I have also been working on my handwriting, this year seeing a vast improvement in both my casual print and "fancy freestyling".

We watched The Last Jedi in April. It wasn't my favorite installment in the franchise, but it was definitely decent. I wrote a post about it here on my art blog. (By the way, I changed that blogs URL, so if you were following it, you'll have to follow it again.)
And speaking of art...

I'd taken a bit of a break from drawing for about six months. Not really a hiatus, I still drew at least once a week, but I wanted to start drawing at least a small doodle a day again. I haven't really done many big drawings, not anything very realistic, but I have been doing a lot of doodles, and practicing drawing realistic faces without a reference.

Lately, I have enjoyed doing the entire hair and shirt with a solid color in marker. I don't know, I just like the look.

I did use a reference for this one.

My pen was leaky for this one, but I think it's still okay. 

Although I have practiced almost no shading this past month, I have been doing more painting than usual...


I painted this in February (using a reference), on a 30×36" canvas to hang above my bed. I have also painted some gifts for people, and painted a bit just for fun. I rarely use acrylics, but I've had a lot of fun with them this past month!

Other than that I haven't had many personal projects going on. We've had some family things we've been working on, for instance; celebrating my cousin's birth and my sister entering her teens, but the only other thing I've been working on alone is practicing German and finally getting  finished with graphs in math! (For the time being, anyway....)

By the way, does anyone have the problem of Blogger adding a bunch of letters to the words you type? I have to edit almost every word I write. To illustrate, I will leave you with this unedited sentence:

I will nnot eedit this ssentence at all, nnot even if it puts a bbunch of uunneeded letters innmy wowrds aand ddeletesthe spaces.


No comments:

Post a Comment